Hello again all SMAC Family and Friends,
We have been approached and emailed by a couple of our members that said they enjoy being able to come back to the gym, but for them, it is difficult to do so because we had suspended Child Care services.
We have been keeping a constant check with what the State of Maryland has been mandating and the most recent information we have is that it is okay for us to offer childcare once again, with restrictions.
So as of Monday, July 13th we will start offering childcare service again to our members while you work out. However the times and policies are now different to help with the safety of the children and our members.
* To Make sure that there is always a limited number of children in both the downstairs LIL’ Kids ROOM (4 yrs and under) and the Bigger Kids upstairs room ( kids 5yrs and older). Parents should call in advance to reserve their children’s time. You may reserve spots 24 hours in advance.
Reservations must be made for each Child. 301-884-8096
* Each Childcare session is limited time, 75 or 90 min.
* All Parents and Children will be temperature checked upon entering the building.
* Staff will wear masks at all times.
* Parents must wear a mask when dropping off and picking up.
* If your child is old enough to wear a mask we recommend it while they are entering the gym, but once in the childcare room they can remove it.
* Our Staff will take every measure to keep the childcare rooms clean and disinfected.
* Please help your child utilize our hand sanitizer upon entering and leaving the Childcare room.
* The available sessions for Childcare service are:
Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 8:45am
Or 9:00am – 10:30am
Or 4:30pm – 5:45pm
Or 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Friday – Saturday 7:30am – 8:45am
Or 9:00am – 10:30am
July is our trial run for offering Childcare service, we will not be charging for it at all this month.
If you decide you would like to continue to utilize it for August, please let our Front Desk Staff know so that we can reactivate your unlimited childcare billing. Or if you do not have unlimited or are unsure if you will be using it enough to reactivate, we will be allowing members to pay per visit as before.
In August, if the attendance does not warrant enough demand to continue, we may opt to going back to suspending our childcare service until things are looking like attendance will pick up. Our Summers were usually slower anyway so we are not sure how things will go. But if there is the need for it, and we can keep it safe, we will offer it.
Thank you and take care,